The ultimate car for the Evo purist?
You may remember we were lucky to spend some time in one of the rarest Evo’s on the planet (view video here) and now the guys at Spencer and Scott have this exact car for sale!
The car, a Mitsubishi Evolution X FQ-400, is a number 34 of 35 and was apparently custom made for the Managing Director of Mitsubishi UK.
Mitsubishi and WRC Developments took the already successful GSR FQ-360 and created the FQ-400. The FQ-400 has high-flow fuel injectors, a new hybrid turbo that’s specially strengthened to deal with the faster turbine speeds and higher temperatures, a more capable intercooler plus re-mapped engine management. All this equates to 403bhp (that’s over 200bhp per litre) and 0-62mph in 3.8seconds! To help with the additional power the FQ-400 features new Bilstein dampers and Eibach springs for a 30mm lower stance plus a slightly wider track.
Production was in limited numbers and a total of only 35 units were built.
Car no. 34 is a genuine UK supplied car through the official Mitsubishi Specialist Vehicles Operations Centre, first registered 27/9/12, owned by the CEO of Mitsubishi (Mr Lance Bradley), and having covered a total of 21,991miles.
Finished in Orient Red Metallic paint with Blue Leather/Techno Suede seat trim.
Other Key Features (over and above GSR FQ-360 model);
- Colour keyed restyled front and rear bumpers, side sill extensions and rear spoiler Gurney strip.
- Lightweight composite bonnet with enhanced cooling vents.
- Carbon fibre front lip spoiler, rear diffuser and ‘shark’s tooth’ vortex generator.
- Centre exit exhaust system with high-flow sports catalytic converter.
- PIAA high-efficiency lighting upgrade.
- PIAA motorsport silicone windscreen wiper blades.
- Carbon fibre gearshift knob and model numbered handbrake lever.
- HDD navigation/music server system with touch-screen display.
- Bluetooth hands-free telephone connection.
- Climate controlled air conditioning.
- Rockford Fosgate premium audio system with 650W amplifier.
This example, being Mr Bradley’s from new, has the following additional Factory upgrades;
- Bespoke one-off interior (instead of stock Factory Black).
- Rear brakes upgraded to 4-Pot Alcon Brakes (standard was 2-Pot Brembo Brakes), so this example has 6-Pot Alcon Front and 4-Pot Alcon rear Brakes.
- LED running lights (only example of the x35 to have these from Factory).
- Illuminated Sill Plaques (only example of the x35 to have these from Factory).
- Blue stitched steering wheel with Blue Leather centre marker.
Service Record – Stamps in Service Book;
- PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) at Mitsubishi Motors GB/0919. 12miles
- 11/12/13 Service 1 at Mitsubishi Motors GB/0919. 870miles
- 11/3/14 Service 2 at Mitsubishi Motors GB/0919. 4,391miles
- 23/6/14 Service 3 at Mitsubishi Motors GB/0919. 9,383miles
- 29/9/14 Service 4 at Mitsubishi Motors GB/0919. 14,483miles
Note: 2,000miles after Service no. 4, Mr Bradley stopped using the vehicle and it was stored at Mitsubishi. In Nov/15 the vehicle was sold by The Colt Car Co. Ltd., the mileage was 16,865miles. Documentation available from Mitsubishi illustrating this detail.
- 2/11/16 Service 5 at Mitsubishi Motors GB/S110. 17,072miles
- 6/10/17 Service 6 at Mitsubishi Motors GB/0110. 17,700miles
- 26/5/18 Service 7 at Mitsubishi Motors GB/0296. 21,622miles
1 of 35 units worldwide.
Letter of authenticity validating this example as a genuine FQ-400.
No aftermarket modifications / Original and unmolested example.
For further information or to arrange an appointment to view the vehicle please contact Spencer and Scott.